our solution for MONASH HEALTH
Another client, Monash Health, contacted us as they had discovered water leaking in their building.
Following our comprehensive inspection of the site, we found that the existing waterproofing membrane to the complete deck area had failed and water was penetrating between the layers of the bitumen membrane and was pooling under the membrane and tracking along the main roof slab. This was penetrating through slab cracks and into the hospital kitchen.
We were able to provide a solution solution by removing the pavers from the entire balcony and professionally installing a new 2-layer Soprema Soprasun 3mm torch on sheet membrane to complete area as well as reinstating all flashings and pavers.
Our work also came with a comprehensive report along with a 15 year guarantee.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Supply and install temporary fencing to completely barricade the work area off from the public.
- Remove the large concrete pavers to expose the failed waterproof membrane system and store on site.
- Remove the existing two-layer membrane system to expose the roof slab and expansion joint and dispose from site.
- Remove all existing joint sealant.
- Diamond saw cut all cracks in roof slab and fill void with polyurethane sealant.
- Supply and install backer rod and polyurethane joint sealant to full length of expansion joints.
- Prime exposed concrete slab to complete area with membrane primer.
- Supply and install two layers of Soprema Soprasun 3mm torch on sheet membrane to complete area.
- Reseal vertical expansion joint behind downpipe with polyurethane sealant.
- Carry out water test and reinstate pavers on completion.
- Remove all trade waste from site.